COVID-19 Updates & Protocols - Please Read
May 14th, 2020 - Letter to Residents and Families from Riverstone's VP
May 10th, 2020 - Honk for Mom (Bridlewood Trails), CTV News Story
April 27th, 2020 - FAQ COVID-19 Pandemic
Riverstone’s Response to COVID-19
As the situation continues to evolve Riverstone Retirement Communities is committed to maintaining the safety and well-being of our residents, and team members. New directives have been issued by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, the Ontario Retirement Community Association (ORCA) and the Retirement Home Regulatory Authority (RHRA). In response to these directives only essential visitors are permitted in to our retirement communities at this time.
The Ministry of Health has identified essential visitors as those who have a resident who is palliative or critically ill. Those deemed as essential visitors must continue to be actively screened. If an essential visitor fails any part of the screening process, they will not be permitted entry to our communities.
All other visitors will not be permitted to enter any of our communities at this time, instead we ask that you keep in touch with loved ones by phone or other technologies, as available.
Protecting our Residents
All of our communities have implemented the following safety measures in response to directives set out by the health agencies listed above:
- Active screening of essential visitors, service providers and team members
- Enhanced cleaning of all common areas and high-touch surfaces
- Increased number, and prominence, of hand sanitizers
- Education of residents, and team members, on infection protection including hand washing, social distancing etc.
- Increased monitoring of the health of our residents to detect symptoms of COVID-19
- Cancellation of all excursions, limiting shuttle services to essential medical appointments
Riverstone would like to reassure you that we are taking good care of your loved ones in these trying times. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our residents, or their care, please contact the community directly for assistance.
Visit the links below for up to date information on COVID-19:
Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
Ontario Retirement Community Association (ORCA)
Retirement Home Regulatory Authority (RHRA)